Lead

Apr 21 14 9:18 PM

Tags : :

As you are aware, each year the Seattle Yacht Club holds an Opening Day event in honor of Seattle’s boating season. The event includes the Windermere Cup crew races, the Mark Mayer Regatta, and the grand Opening Day boat parade. SYC also opens their club house and holds different events which are open to everyone.

As Jim Frazier has organized in the past, the Fleet will have an Opening Day BBQ on Saturday May 3rd at the Boat Street Marina, a.k.a the T-Bird Nest. This year we are not planning to be in the Parade, but we are planning to have a few drinks and food on the water watching the other fleets line up in their best whites. You are welcome to attend by foot or by boat. Even if you don’t bring your boat, come on out and lets have a great presence on the Dock!

Wear your best T-Bird Shirt.

Fleet 1 and 13 are also welcome to attend!

Now I know we don’t like rules, but there are two:
1) If you want moorage for the weekend, tell Jim Frazier or Jim Konigsfeld, and
2) If you want food, RSVP with Jim Konigsfeld by Monday, April 28! If I can get a good response I’ll buy extra food, but no responses means there will probably be only a small amount of food.

It’s that simple!

Friday night
BYOB dock party

Saturday Morning
Walk down to the cut and watch the Windermere Cup
Dinghy Regatta at the T-Bird Nest

Saturday 12:00 PM - Fleet BBQ
Fleet will provide
Brats, Kahlua Pig, coleslaw, hot dogs for any kids, water, and soda.
BYOB.
Food to be served at 2:00 PM

On a side note we aren’t planning to have a grill, hot food yes, but no grill. So feel free to bring one down if you plan to make your own.

Sunday
Who wants to race in the Mark Mayer?

For more information email Jim Konigsfeld at jimeking1@gmail.com or Jim Frazier at jefrazier@hotmail.com

Facebook: Thunderbird Fleet 2 – Seattle https://www.facebook.com/Thunderbirdfleet2seattle